In our Area, prayer is central to all we do so mentioning it as “strategy” is different … it is simply what we do out of necessity.
So our “strategy” is first covering the Area in prayer and praying for new leaders (recruitment) then covering those new leaders in continued prayer (retention).
Some of the disciplines we have going in our Area:
- Find a group of people that will faithfully pray for Young Life on your Area. Every Monday Morning in our Area – (5) ladies, ages in their 70’s, gather for prayer. This group of ladies have been doing this for more than 25 years! Age is not a factor!
- praying for more leaders is one of those prayers
- prayer covering any recruitment efforts
- praying for individual volunteer leaders’ personal needs
- Email a monthly E-Prayer letter to those folks in community who have agreed to be praying for the ministry
- We have at least one person committed to praying for the ministry every day of the month
- Praying for new leaders and leaders personal needs
- Participate in prayer times with local pastors (times vary) … maybe once or twice a quarter
- At All Area meetings (once per month)
- Focus on prayer
- Lead a devotional on prayer
- “Prayer does not equip us for greater works— prayer is the greater work”
- Stress the importance of prayer as we are in a “battle” (Ephesians 6:12-13)
- Have leaders be praying for one another
- Regularly meet with team leaders – praying with them
- Have team leaders meet individually with their leaders and pray with them
- Area Director (and his wife when she’s available) meet with ALL leaders individually at least once a semester – to pray with them
- Depending on life issues with leaders, meeting with them more than once a semester is likely. We go through seasons with leaders and frequency of individual times of prayer depends on leaders’ needs.
- Most recently, we have been helping leaders gain spiritual freedom (breakage of spiritual bondage in their personal lives) through specific prayers that free them from generational sins, un-forgiveness, soul ties, Masonic influences, witchcraft, etc
- The key in this freedom is leaders recognizing their spiritual authority in Christ, and the authority we have through the mighty name of Jesus
Young Life Central JeffCo